Find Homes and Houses for Sale in Lexington
How to Sell Homes in This Market
Let's face it. It can be really hard as a real estate agent to get listings. There is a lot of competition, and sometimes it's hard to even know where to look. Here are 6 ways that will certainly help you get more real estate listings if executed properly.
1. Start a website and ad campaign that says "we buy houses. Fast cash offers". Of course, if you can not make a cash offer yourself, be sure to team up with an investor that can. Many times, the seller will not be in a position to take a low cash offer, so this can then be turned in to a listing.
2. Build a website that offers a "free report" on how to sell your house even if you owe more than it's worth. Of course, they will have to sign up through a form on the site to get the report. These leads will more than likely turn in to short sale listings.
3. Start a FSBO marketing campaign. Have between 5 and 10 mailings set to go out. A mixture of postcards and letters seem to be effective. Every time you are a member of your team drives by a For Sale By Owner, write down the address.
4. Get expired listings. If you think about it, they were motivated enough to list their house, but then it didn't sell. Chances are, they still want to sell it, and may be upset with their agent for not selling it. The number one complaint I have heard from people about their agent is lack of communication. Even if the agent was doing a good job, the seller never knew, and assumed the worse. Start a postcard marketing campaign that talks about your high level of communication. Be sure to hand deliver your first marketing packet THE DAY THE LISTING EXPIRED. Now that is fast communication!
5. Pay per click advertising using Facebook. With the Facebook ad network, you can have your ads show only to specific people based on the criteria you choose. This means you can advertise only to people that live in the area that you sell real estate in. It is highly targeted, so you spend less money advertising, and get stronger leads. Be sure to have a compelling reason for people to click on your ads. Also be sure you have a website in place with a sign up form, and a good reason for them to sign up.
6. SOI (Sphere of Influence). I'm pretty sure every new agent that went to a class had to make a list of 50 or more people that they already know. Too many people don't use this well enough, and miss out on a lot of potential sales. Try this. Call EVERY SINGLE PERSON on your list this week. Use this script: "Hello Mr. Jackson. This is "Your Name". How have you been? I am actually calling today about a business matter. As you probably remember, I am in the real estate business. I was wondering, out of everyone that you know, who do you think would be the most likely person to think about buying or selling real estate some time in the future? With your permission I'd like to give them a quick phone call..."
Notice we don't ask them about who is ALREADY interested in buying or selling. It would be too easy for them to say they don't know anyone. This way they will almost certainly think of someone.
So that concludes this list. I sure hope you are able to take one or two of these ideas and put them to use. I have seen all of them used effectively and the results can be phenomenal.
How to Sell Homes in This Market
When it comes time to get the deal done for both buyers and sellers, we line up all the legal documents (there are many!) and make sure the train runs on-time. You can expect us to carefully manage the process. Most importantly, you’ll be apprised of the deal’s progress each step of the way. We’re friendly, competent guides who’ll help you reach the best possible outcome and achieve your real estate goals.
Call us Today